Our Fleet of Trucks is Leading the Way in Carbon Reduction
In order to meet the demands of our community and government agencies, as well as to execute our mission of long-term growth and save money by reducing waste, we have invested heavily in methods to reduce carbon and pollution and to help the country lessen its dependence on foreign oil.
Here are a few of our more notable efforts with our fleet:
- Continue to build our fleet with compressed natural gas trucks
- Installed tire pressure monitoring systems on trucks and trailers to:
- increase fuel mileage
- extend the life of the tires
- Reduce emissions, and extend truck and tire life by:
- reducing idle times
- governing road speeds
- Actively participate in the Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition, and the Sustainable Transportation Action Team of the Louisville Sustainability Council
- SmartWay Carrier Partner
As we continue our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint, we would love to hear your ideas and feedback. Please contact our Sustainability Director, Beth Hayden with your input.